Our mission is to create services that users can easily simulate materials with minimal effort, and furthermore, to create “square of materials” gathering all information about materials around the world .
In addition, we are trying to activate the Korean material industry and to help those who want to start material simulation by sharing various information for free through a technology blog and running MatSQ forum.
Virtual Lab plays a central role in various national projects related to material simulation.
- Development of web-based multi-scale simulation platform for efficient design of nanomaterials for energy, Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology, 2017
- Development of electronic research note KiRI Note for researchers, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, 2018
- Development of software for web platform application of nanomaterial computational simulation for electrodes, Korea Institute of Energy Research, 2018
- Development of web-based computational science platform framework SimPL, Ministry of Science and ICT, 2019 ~
- Machine learning based alloy powder design and manufacturing platform development using plasma high temperature reduction method, Korea Evaluation Institute of Industrial Technology, 2019 ~
- Researcher Behavior-based R & D Big Data Collection and Utilization Framework Development, Ministry of Science and ICT, 2019 ~
Virtual Lab was founded on Jan 28, 2016 and is based in Seoul, South Korea.
The first service, Materials Square, for cloud-based atomic modeling and material simulation was released.
Introduced the service for the first time to about 30 users, and had a time to conduct the simulation.
Selected as a promising Korean ICT company(K-Global) by the Ministry of Science and ICT.
Materials Square 2.0 was officially released on January 30, 2018.
MAXFlops, which provides a large amount of cloud servers immediately, was officially launched.
MatSQ has opened a tech blog to share various calculation tips and information for users.
Renewed user interface, upgraded performance, and new options for choosing the number of core for simulation.
MatSQ and MAXFlops's cloud computing quality got certified from National IT Industry Promotion Agency.
Users can obtain 5 types of phase diagram from new calphad module with reasonable price.